A LOT has happened this week, and you might not have been able to keep up with it all (that’s okay). Here’s a quick round-up:
1. Trump was impeached! Again. Every Democrat in the Wisconsin Congressional delegation voted for impeachment. Thank you Congress members Kind, Moore, and Pocan for doing your duty and standing up for American democracy!
Every Republican House member from Wisconsin voted against impeaching Trump for inciting violent insurrection at the Capitol. This includes:
- Scott Fitzgerald
- Mike Gallagher
→ Mike Gallagher even admitted that “Trump bears responsibility” for the mob violence in DC. Yet he still voted against impeachment. All words, no action, abject hypocrisy.
- Tom Tiffany
- Bryan Steil
- Glenn Grothman
2. Governor Evers gave his State of the State address, and laid out a powerful agenda for the people of Wisconsin. You can watch the full speech here, and here are some highlights:
- Governor Evers declared 2021 the Year of Broadband Access, calling for a $200 million investment in Internet infrastructure.
- Governor Evers announced that he will be calling for a special session of the legislature to overhaul Wisconsin’s antiquated unemployment system—crucial at a time when so many people need to access it.
- Governor Evers talked about his People’s Maps Commission, and the urgent need to end gerrymandering in Wisconsin, and strengthen democracy.
3. The WisDems launched a six-figure ad buy calling on Ron Johnson to resign for his role in inciting the violent insurrection in DC last week.
Click here to watch our Ron Johnson ad (and donate, if you can, to help us reach more people)!
Info from Wisconsin Dems