“Please see Milwaukee Journal Sentinel article below about ending mask mandate then please call Rep. (of 6th) Gary Tauchen at 608-266-3097 (Rep. of 36th Jeffrey Mursau 608-266-3780; Rep. of 35th Calvin Callahan 608-266-7694) and Senator (of 2nd) Robert Cowles at 800-334-1465 (Senator of 12th Mary Felzkowski 608-266-2509) to voice your opposition to ending the WI mask mandate (ie you support the mask mandate!!). Masking, physical distancing and avoiding large groups are the public health measures the CDC recommend to stop the spread of coronavirus. Even after both doses of vaccine we will still need to wear masks. Please contact our state representatives to voice your opposition to ending the mask mandate (support continuing the mask mandate) in WI. We need to continue to wear masks to get this pandemic under control.”Check out this article from Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
A LOT has happened this week, and you might not have been able to keep up with it all (that’s okay). Here’s a quick round-up:
1. Trump was impeached! Again. Every Democrat in the Wisconsin Congressional delegation voted for impeachment. Thank you Congress members Kind, Moore, and Pocan for doing your duty and standing up for American democracy!
Every Republican House member from Wisconsin voted against impeaching Trump for inciting violent insurrection at the Capitol. This includes:
- Scott Fitzgerald
- Mike Gallagher
→ Mike Gallagher even admitted that “Trump bears responsibility” for the mob violence in DC. Yet he still voted against impeachment. All words, no action, abject hypocrisy.
- Tom Tiffany
- Bryan Steil
- Glenn Grothman
2. Governor Evers gave his State of the State address, and laid out a powerful agenda for the people of Wisconsin. You can watch the full speech here, and here are some highlights:
- Governor Evers declared 2021 the Year of Broadband Access, calling for a $200 million investment in Internet infrastructure.
- Governor Evers announced that he will be calling for a special session of the legislature to overhaul Wisconsin’s antiquated unemployment system—crucial at a time when so many people need to access it.
- Governor Evers talked about his People’s Maps Commission, and the urgent need to end gerrymandering in Wisconsin, and strengthen democracy.
3. The WisDems launched a six-figure ad buy calling on Ron Johnson to resign for his role in inciting the violent insurrection in DC last week.
Click here to watch our Ron Johnson ad (and donate, if you can, to help us reach more people)!
Info from Wisconsin Dems
Joe Biden + Kamala Harris
President and Vice President-Elect!
That certainly feels good to say: THANK YOU to
everyone who helped get these two elected!
Your phone calls, lit drops, and monetary donations
were instrumental in turning WI back to blue.